Monday, August 17, 2009

Folders, Pencils and Markers, Oh My!

I'm headed out the door to do my first bout of school supply shopping since I was a Mom. It's official. I keep trying to focus on the positives rather than the negatives. After all, this means we have to stick to a schedule and I'm not much for that - much to Rick's dismay!

I'm excited though. School supplies are always a wonderful thing to be acquiring. I can remember even the glory of buying spiral notebooks, pens and my books for college. Granted you paid through the teeth but still...it was always fun!

We just returned home from the lake where I neglected to get any pics. Lib has some and when I finally get them, I'll post. We had a good time! I got some serious Willie P time and the kids had a blast riding their scooters, fishing, taking the boat out, swimming and playing in the volley ball court's sand! We had a wonderfully relaxing time with the Poseys.

Ethan's party went off without a hitch and he was very pleased! Everyone had a good time with cake, ice cream and swimming. I'll post those pics when I find the camera.

I started my running regime. I'm on day 3 of the couch to 5k plan and so far mostly hurt shins but bearable. I'm just going to run through the pain, what else can I do? I have to admit. I see where the addiction comes from, as I time my bursts of running, I find that I look forward to those jaunts moreso than the walking part! I'm hoping I will be able to run the entire 5k I'm training for in October...we'll see!