Wednesday, December 2, 2009

CJ is what she'll always be to me...


FB disturbs me sometimes. Mainly because it'll throw an ad up that says I haven't chatted with Cindy (my roommate from OBU) lately...it asks me to post something on her wall. When the truth is, I can't talk to Cindy anymore...well, not in a two way conversation.


Cindy passed away this Summer unexplained. It could have been a number of things but so far it's "inconclusive". Whatever that means.


Cindy and I had just reconnected on FB. We'd gotten busy in our lives, in our marriages and with our children. We hadn't spoken on the phone since Ethan was born. Yet, I knew Cindy still.


Cindy and I did a lot of growing up together those 4 years at OBU. Went through broken hearts, happy times being free from a curfew and the woes and triumphs of college life. We liked being together and we hardly ever fought. I can only think of one occasion that we did and it resulted in no sleep because we stayed up in our dorm room until we had it worked out.


I'm sad now and then thinking of the hole she left behind when the good Lord took her up to Him this past Summer. But I also know, where Cindy is, she is whole, nothing can hurt her and she's happiest realizing her faith was true and her reward is seeing things with Him now.


But I do miss her. I know her family misses her even more. Cindy, if you can read this, I love you and I can't wait to see you again...have a Merry Christmas, your most favorite of holidays. What a way to spend it this year!


1 comment:

Virginia said...

Love the pictures and the post. I have very happy memories from Kerr, next to you guys. I have some pics of my own that I need to dig out. Once I invest in a scanner, I will get them sent to you.

I was so sad to hear about the unexpected passing of Cindy. I know it must have been difficult for you. I'm so glad that you guys had reconnected on FB. I had to the honor of doing so as well.

Love,
Virginia