Monday, November 9, 2009

Time





I just returned home from a weekend away with girlfriends. I feel blessed beyond measure to have these women in my life. Women I can pour my heart out to, laugh with, and be myself with.


It was nice to get away with no demands on me to do anything other than what I wanted to. I slept, I watched girl movies, I read and read and I even took a run too in total silence. We gabbed and snacked, shopped and discussed life...it was the best of times.


On the ride home, I started to think about my life and where I've been and what I've done. The choices I've made and the people that now surround me and I was overwhelmed with just how good God has been to me. Although Texas will always be where I wish to be, Oklahoma is a good fit for now. I have two sets of wonderful girlfriends up here that I know would do anything for me and I for them. I have a beautiful home (although still in process), a beautiful family with an amazing man, and a wonderful life.


Not everything is perfect. I wouldn't want it that way and not everything is smooth sailing but for the most part this is a very sweet season in my life. I'm looking forward to the holidays this year. This year has been relatively quiet and peaceful and Caleb is starting to really get excited about Christmas. When the light comes on for the little ones, it reminds you what it's all about!


We plan to go to Graham for Thanksgiving and see everyone for the first time in a long time. I cannot wait to soak that up and be with everyone. I miss my cousins and my Aunt and my Mimi. This is a precious time of year to me and I feel that since this year has been quiet and easy for the most part...this holiday season will be especially meaningful for us.


Life is good.

2 comments:

Adeline said...

Great post! I feel the same way. I still wish sometimes that I could be back in Belgium (and bring Cody and Luke with me of course!) but really I'm happy in Texas.
You need to start posting some before/after pics of your house even if it's not completely done. I'd love to see that!

Cottage Dreamers said...

Hi Megan! Jeff told me you had a blog and I never could find it. I'm glad you found mine...now we can spy, I mean keep up with each other!!;) I'm glad to see you're doing so well, you are blessed! We'll have to get together next time we're in your neck of the woods.
P.S. Your family picture is soo cute!