Friday, November 13, 2009

Wet Paint

If' it's possible for me to have a woman-crush, I do. I am absolutely falling in love with The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. http://thepioneerwoman.com/

I love her blogs, her recipes and her personality most of all. She lives on a ranch, so jealous. She rides, travels, cooks, has children and pets of all sorts and is the funniest thing ever.

When I grow up I want to be Ree Drummond. That's all I can say.


Ethan's endless pursuit of lab ownership is about to drive me crazy yet, I understand. I think I was much this way about hamsters just prior to graduating to horse ownership. My campaign was long and hard if I recall and ended successfully. I suspect Ethan's will too. After all, every little boy needs a puppy.

Never mind the insisting that Santa doesn't carry live animals for fear they will urinate on the presents, fight or fall out of the sleigh. Never mind the explanations that we have 2 perfectly good dogs.

My first mistake was rescuing the lab we found wandering aimlessly in our yard one morning. My second mistake was letting him play with it for the 24 hours we had her. I did my best to explain the golden rule and how we would want someone to take care of our dog had she gotten loose and lost. But nonetheless, this was inevitable.

Caleb on the other hand is full of all kinds of spunk these days. The kind that makes me realize I never knew stubbornness and sass until I met him toe to toe over something. He reminds me of myself a bit but a little to the extreme. Probably because he's male.

I swear I don't know what to do with him and it's keeping me and God pretty tight these days. I don't know if I've got a James Dean on my hands or the next President of the US, but he's got his own thoughts on just about everything. One minute he's the sweetest and most thoughtful three year old you ever met and the next he's instantaneously inspiring grey hairs.


We are getting closer to paint in our front two rooms So close I can smell the paint. So close it's almost time to think about what to hang on the walls once the paint dries. So close I can almost envision the furniture I don't own but wish to own to put in these rooms. That's what happens when you double your square footage...you got room but no stuff. I don't even know if I want more stuff but I do want the room. Especially the closet space if you've read my blog on 'totes'.

No comments: