Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Amazing to Me

Ethan is the funniest little guy and I've been told he's too precocious for his own good and just a smidge overly gregarious (much like someone else we all know and love).

For years now, he's awakened to the tell me either something about what we were talking about just prior to him going to bed or ask to start back at a project he started before he "passed" out.

This morning, he walked in and said "Hi Ju-Mommy." And then quickly told me he was ready to finish the picture he was coloring for Merrell's house.

Recently, Rick and Ethan built a smaller scale version of our house per Ethan. It still sits ready for her to occupy and is waiting on a door. Ethan of course has moved on to the most important part in Mommy's eye, decorating.

Last night, I laid in bed after E's first soccer game and got a little anxious. What will I do when another female enters his picture? What will I do when he stops trusting that I know what's best? What will I do when his sphere of those he listens to expands such that Daddy and Mommy are no longer tops?

I decided finally to resign to just praying about it and turning it over to Abba and going to sleep. What can I do? Nothing really.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You are right, there is nothing that we can do about their futures, but pray. I say pray hard girl!

Glad to hear from you. KIT

Shannon