Thursday, March 26, 2009


Kelly sent out an email with pics from when our play group first started meeting...and this one popped up on the screen and I lost it. Look at how little he is. My BAY BEE is all I could think, okay, I said it out loud (too verbal for my own good, trust me!).
He's all grown up and though I swore I'd celebrate every rite of passage and not ever wish their little lives away (Thanks for that advice Mimi!)...I find that although I'm thrilled Ethan is going to Kindergarten in the Fall because he desperately needs the learning and exploring all that that brings...I still cannot believe it's here!
Sometimes I have to force myself to stop and listen as he rambles on and on about Star Wars which I used to think I liked but now...now that he's completely obsessed with it, I'm not so sure...and yet, here he is in this pic...so small and so fragile...God is so good to reward us with these gifts. Not only do we learn so much about them and the world by seeing it through the eyes of a child a second time, we also learn so much about who He is and how He sees us. This truth still blows me away....
I am truly blessed beyond measure. My baby will be 6 this summer. And last night when I said..."Babe-O time to go!" after soccer practice concluded and the other little boys on the team started teasing him and calling him "Baby" "Baby Ethan", I realized...time to stop that and time to start embracing him as a little boy and respecting him as such.
He didn't flinch but it was a moment for me to realize...he's growing up! And I'm rather proud and amazed at who he has become in such a short, sweet time.

No comments: