Monday, July 18, 2011

My Nightmare

I had a dream last night that I arrived to my first grad class and had not a clue what was going on. Not only did the material not appear to have anything to do with Guidance and School Counseling but I did not have the required materials. I was in a panic. Total panic. Then I got an assignment back and I had only done one out of the required ten pages of writing. I was floored and in deep despair.

This may not sound like a normal nightmare to some people but to me it was absolute panic when I awoke. I thought to myself, what if I don't have what it takes to pull this off now that I'm 35? What if I can't keep up with the younger people, what if I'm lost in this class and what if I don't make good grades?

But now that I'm fully awake with coffee in hand, I've calmed down. It's going to be okay and if I don't know something I'll find a way around it. Right? Right.

I loved grad school when I attended last and hopefully time I'll stick around long enough to finish. Wink wink! R would not be smiling if he caught me saying that. But heck, I can't help it, I was ready to have children and the timing was just off last time. So sue me. :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Megan you are an intelligent capable woman! You can and you will do great! Keep the faith.

Momasita said...

Just so you know -- you are just as intelligent today, if not more so, than you were ten years ago. You have the added advantage of experience now though. Knock 'em dead!